Friday, December 27, 2013

Coming to terms...


I might have an avoidance problem. I don't like to think that I might have actually gained more weight than I meant to in the last few months. I've made several excuses like "Oh, that dinner was too salty. Give me another day and that water weight will drop back off." or "These must be my old jeans. Either that or all those squats I'm doing is starting to build muscle." I've upped my gym time but it seems I have upped my Ice Cream Therapy time as well. I broke my toe earlier this year and told myself I needed to get more calcium. Seemed like a legit reason at the time.  After a few recent incidents (which I will share soon) I am forced to admit I might need to lose a few lbs. I'm not fat by society's definition but I know what weight looks healthy on me and what looks festively plump. I refuse to buy larger clothes and that is where I am teetering. All these excuses I have been making for myself becomes Denial with a capital D when those fluctuating pounds aren't fluctuating anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment